- 📝 On the blog, I wrote a list of good things, how I passed my AWS SAA exam, my thoughts on leaving my first tech job and 5 things that I learnt in 2020.
- 💜 I was a little overwhelmed and exhausted, so nothing on the podcast this month😨
Career / Learning
- 😱 I left my first job in tech. I’ve kept it on the down-low since I handed my notice in 3 months ago, but it was the leap of faith that I believe will pay off in the long run.
- ☁️ I passed my AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam after 68 days of continuous learning on the #100DaysofCloud journey! Second time lucky. 😉
- ⚡️ My (former) team and I spoke at SRECON Americas, it was a huge success. 🥳
- 🎉 Both my sister and I finished jobs this December with new roles lined up in the New Year
- 🏡 I returned home for a long break in between jobs which means lots of home cooked meals and walking out in nature
- 🕹 I’ve played a lot of Zelda BOTW
- ⭐️ And I’ve been writing my favourite reflective blog posts
- 🎁 Despite everything, I’ve tried my best to get into the Christmas spirit! I LOVE buying presents for others
- 💪🏼 I recently completed my first 8 week cycle of full body workouts
- 🏃🏻♀️ I signed up to Apple Fitness+ — I like it!
3 things that made me happy
1) What comes next!
Although I’ve been feeling a little sad about leaving my first tech job, I’m excited about what is to come in January. Leaving in a virtual environment was strange but my colleagues made it feel like as in-person as possible which I truly appreciated. I’m going to miss them all so much!
2) Taking a break
I’m so glad that I managed to get back home to relax. It has been a lovely change of environment after spending months stuck in a small apartment! It’s also been lovely being around my family again for a while whilst I focus on resting and recovering after one hell of a year.
Whilst I’ve been home, I’ve tried to do as little as possible especially in the tech space. I know this extra time invites more learning opportunities or working on “personal projects” (and I have a LIST of them!) but I just wanted to rest my mind.
3) Passing my SAA
After failing my exam in March, I didn’t think that I would sit it again this year. Failing sucks and made me doubt my abilities, especially after seeing others pass the exam. As the winter months arrived, I wanted to shift my focus from feeling sad about the weather to some learning so I jumped on the #100DaysofCloud train. The continuous learning helped me pass the SAA the second time round with an awesome score, I’m still chuffed about this 🤩
December in Photos
- 💪🏼 Crop Shop Boutique Sports Bras (my only Black Friday purchase!)
- 🏃🏻♀️ Walking Treadmill – I’ve been using it so much to get my steps in. I’ve enjoyed it so much 😎
- 🍎 Apple Fitness+ surprisingly enjoyable!
- 🌿 Zelda: Breadth of the Wild – this game never ends lol
- 🎮 Switch Accessories – Pro Controller, Switch Pouch, Case and controller buttons
- 👑 The Crown Season 1. HERE FOR THE ROYAL TEA!
- 📺 I’ve enjoyed watching Jimmy Fallon’s Late Night Show. It’s actually hilarious!
- 📱 Tech Reviews from my favourites: MKHD and iJustine. I’ve still resisted the urge to buy new Apple products…can I have a medal?
- 💫 The Best Year Planner by Intelligent Change – I enjoyed their Five Minute Journal over the past few years so when they came out with this new journal, I was super excited. Let’s get this!
Quote of the Month
2021, here we come. 🚀