June is my favourite month.
Not only because it’s my birthday month but also because it marks summer – warmer weather (eh, hit and miss), the sunshine (if we wish hard enough), that sweet 3-month break from University! Although I didn’t really experience any of the three things I just listed IN ENGLAND, I did in the US for 10 days, not 3 months BUT I WILL TAKE WHAT I CAN GET. 😆
This month I have especially felt grateful for my support groups and communities. A big shout out to Matt this month for putting the biggest smile on my face, like, permanently. 😊
- 👯 I had a blogger meet up with Chynna, Mutay and Micah in London earlier this month and it was AMAZING.
- 📚 I successfully got on top of my work before my 10-day break to the US.
- 👩🏻💻 Interviewed for Project Prep’s Women In Tech blog
- 🏆 I was nominated for four awards and won three for a project I led during my placement. Write up about this coming soon~
- 🥇 Awarded £100 for another successful project! ⭐
- 🎁 Colleagues at work surprised me with a wonderful birthday gift that included a travel guide for New York, I definitely made use of this when I was travelling! Along with other travel-related bits and bobs – it surprises me how this time last year I wouldn’t even get on a train and now colleagues think of me as “the one who travels a lot” at work 🤣
- 🗽 New York happened. *cries*
- 🎉 I turned 21, the best and most memorable way possible. In NYC, a day full of surprises! I can’t wait to share this with you all 😊
- ☁ Successfully been meditating for over a year! Continuously kicking my anxiety’s butt, 1, 2, 3, boom, boom, boom! 🔥
3 Things I’m HAPPY about
1. Organisation ✍🏻
At the start of the month, running up to my trip to the Big Apple, I had A LOT of work to complete. With only less than two months left of my placement, I set myself deadlines FOR EVERYTHING. I was under pressure most of the start of the month, staying organised really did help!
I wanted to get some blog posts out before my trip. Writing blog posts, as most of you know, takes a lot of effort and being a perfectionist myself, it took a lot more out of me to push for posts. Scheduling blog posts and spending spare time here and there writing instead of wasting time scrolling through social media really helped me hit my personal blogging goal for the month.
I’m also thankful for all the collaboration I did this month with Project Prep and Aaptiv and of course, the endless love on my last blog post. You guys rock my world! Missed them? You can read all of my June entries here.
2. New York City 🚕
More to follow but in a nutshell, New York was such an experience and exploring with Matt was wonderful. From the fast-paced 10 days, I have learned so much in the city of my dreams, travelling and myself. I can’t wait to share my experience in detail with you all! I’ve micro-shared days on Instagram if you’re interested.
Matt also shared some 🔥 content, you can find some posts from him here.
3. Gratitude 💞
I have not felt so much love and appreciation in my life ever. I’ll go into more detail on a separate blog post about my 21st where it really stems from but for now, to my co-workers, friends and kind strangers – thank you! You all make my heart sing. 💓
June in pictures
I took so many photos over June, I wish I could share them all with you! With that said, ALL my NYC photos will be up in the NYC post, through #tbt posts (because seriously, it’s so beautiful) and you can find the majority on my Instagram. But my highlights are:
Note: This is totally Matt’s fault for getting me so obsessed with this app. Swarm is a fun check-in app where you earn coins, unlock stickers and GUYS THERE IS A LEADERBOARD. *Competitive, completionist gamer-self rises from the dead*
Not only is it fun, it’s also super useful when writing up travel blog posts! I used it a lot when writing up my trips to Portugal, Nice and Amsterdam this year!
I mentioned in my previous monthly favourites how much I love the Five Minute Journal. Since I was travelling a lot and going home late after long days, I sometimes didn’t have the energy to write in my journal. I decided to download the app version which actually motivates me to write in it especially if I’m replying to a text! Also: digital. Digital versions of things will always have my heart 😍
I had this Acai Bowl from Half Cup in London with Micah and ever since all I’ve been doing is dreaming of it 😍 I’ve attempted to re-create but this was JUST SO GOOD. Super good for your body too – I was bursting with energy after!
When I was in the US, I admit that I wasn’t eating very healthy (did someone say pizza? For a dollar? *throws 25 dollars away*) After a while, I was reminded of how eating bad, processed food made me feel. Matt then turns up one day with an amazinnnnnggg Protein Bowl. It was just what I needed. I’m copying it for meal prep ideas!
- Try something new with fitness routine
- Continue learning Ruby
- Continue with mindfulness practice – try longer practices!
- Get back into 100% clean eating! Don’t have that sugary doughnut, have an apple instead. Apples are good for you.
- Get back into the 9pm sleep routine
- Stop using your laptop in bed! Use it on your awesome, shiny IKEA desk and ultra wide monitor instead.
- My last full month interning at the University. I have learned so much, thank you 💪🏼
- More blogger meet-ups: Holly and Amy 👭
- London trip to GymShark pop-up event 💪🏼
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy. No person will make you happy unless you decide to be happy. Your happiness will not come to you. It can only come from you.